Low Cost Hipec Treatment in India
What is the Cost of HIPEC Treatment with Top Hospitals and Top Surgeons in India?
- The average cost of the HIPEC (HYPERTHERMIC INTRAOPERATIVE PERITONEAL CHEMOTHERAPY) Treatment is very high in western countries.
- India is known worldwide for its advanced medical facilities and promising technology for HIPEC Treatment. Many of the best hospitals for HIPEC Treatment can be found in India.
- HIPEC Treatment cost in India is much less when compared to any other countries. Also the cost of HIPEC Treatment in India is substantially lower than other developed countries of the world.
Various deciding factors could determine the price of HIPEC Treatment in India. These can be broadly classified as Hospital, Medical Team or Patient Dependent factors.
- Type of the hospital (Government/Trust/Private).
- Use of insurance, type of insurance or self paid.
- Accreditation of the facility
- Reputation and brand value of the hospital.
Medical Team Factors
- Technology / Approach Used
- Surgery Type
- Type of Anesthesia or Sedation
- Qualification / Expertise of the specialist
- Extent of the surgery needed
- Patient’s diagnosis
- Patient’s general health
- Room Category selected by the patient
- Other treatment required by the patient in conjunction
The LIST of AVERAGE COST of the HIPEC Treatment across TOP 15 cities in India in Indian Rupee (INR) is as follows –
|City||Lowest Cost||Average Cost||Highest Cost|
|Gurgoan / Gurugram||4,10,000||4,85,000||5,65,000|
Our Hospitals Network and Surgery Group are available in 15 cities of India for our patients to access. Kindly fill up the form for a free opinion from our expert team. We shall get you a Free, No Obligation Opinion from India's best Surgeons and best Hospitals in India. NO CHARGES LEVIED
Special ALL SERVICES INCLUSIVE Packages available for INTERNATIONAL PATIENTSPost a Query
Medical advancement in India has travelled a long distance and is continually on the move. Medical researchers are putting their best foot forward to curb many health issues affecting worldwide people; especially, for the Cancer affected. The presence of this life threatening health issue has been affecting the human race since ages now. In fact, as per World Health Organization (WHO), globally one in six deaths is because of Cancer and during the next two decades, the number of Cancer affected is estimated to rise by 70 percent. Thus, there is continual need for innovative techniques to curb this disease.
As the number of Cancer stricken people is on the rise, so is the treatment methodologies. Today, Oncologists have a range of treatment options for treating Cancer. One such mode of treatment is the Hyperthermic Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy also known as Intraperitoneal Hyperthermic Chremoperfusion (IPHC). Diseases affecting the stomach organs can spread to stomach surfaces and the peritoneum. This sort of spread is called Peritoneal Carcinomatosis and customarily this is considered a very serious infection. The future for such patients with Peritoneal Carcinomatosis is pretty low – not more than a few months.
Despite numerous recent advances in Chemotherapy, the overall chances of Chemotherapy being curative are still low. Further the side effects are not so easy for the patient to endure. However, when these Cancers are limited to the peritoneal cavity, Hyperthermic Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy (HIPEC) becomes an ideal option for such patients. The term ‘Intraperitoneal’ means that the treatment is delivered to the abdominal cavity. The term ‘Hyperthermic Chemotherapy’ means that the solution containing chemotherapy is heated to a temperature greater than normal body temperature.
Hyperthermic (or Heated) Intraoperative Peritoneal Chemotherapy (HIPEC) is a highly concentrated and heated Chemotherapy treatment. This therapy is used to treat Cancers that have invaded the lining of the stomach cavity; for example, those of the Appendix, Colon, Stomach, and Ovaries. HIPEC is an option, a very novel strategy for chemotherapy. Dissimilar to the customary chemotherapy that is administered intravenously, using HIPEC chemotherapy is given straight into the stomach, making it a decent alternative for malignancies that started in or have spread into the abdominal region.
Who are the ideal candidates for HIPEC Therapy?
The HIPEC patients are looking for an alternative to the traditional chemotherapy or the radiation therapy. The main reason being, these offer limited success in curing advanced Abdominal Cancers. Also, those patients, who may have been told that no other Cancer treatment option is going to work from them, but still they are hoping for a solution.
HIPEC is generally used after surgical removal of as much cancer as possible (Debulking), which may include the removal of all involved peritoneal areas. These procedures can be 8–10 hours long and carry a significant rate of complications. IPHC is used as a viable solution for certain advanced stage tumors in the abdomen that have spread many small tumors throughout the abdomen, when surgery is not likely to be possible or effective. It can also be applied, during surgery, directly on the area, for those, whose abdominal cancer are advanced but is still considered surgically resectable, as an alternative to surgery and traditional chemotherapy alone.
Before HIPEC is administered, the surgeon–using standard surgical methods–will remove all visible tumors that can be removed throughout the peritoneal cavity. This is known as cytoreductive surgery. Following cytoreductive surgery, in the operative setting the surgeon will administer HIPEC treatment.
Types of Cancer cured by using this Treatment Methodology
Unlike the usual Chemotherapy, which moves throughout the body, through HIPEC, Chemotherapy is directly delivered to the Cancer cells in the abdomen.
Below is the list of Cancers in which it is possible to treat Peritoneal spread:
- Colon Cancer
- Endometrial Cancer/Cancer of the Uterus
- Pseudomyxoma Peritonii
- Desmoplastic Small Round Cell Tumours (DSRCTs)
- Colorectal Cancers with Peritoneal Spread
- Mucinous Adrinocarcinoma (MAC) of the Appendix
- Advanced Ovarian Cancers
- Recurrent Ovarian Cancer
- Stomach Cancer
Phone Numbers Reach Us - India & International : +91 9371770341
How does HIPEC Therapy work?
The HIPEC procedure is an attempt to destroy any remaining Cancer cells. During the HIPEC procedure, the surgeon continuously circulates a heated sterile solution throughout the Peritoneal cavity. This solution contains a chemotherapeutic agent, and this circulation is done for a maximum of two hours. Before finalizing HIPEC treatment for any patient, the doctors and surgeons perform Cytoreductive surgery to get rid of any visible tumors present in the abdomen. This intricate procedure lasts about 8-14 hours obviously it depends on the extent of the disease. After all the tumors are removed, then the heated, sterilized Chemotherapy solution, having a temperature of about 41-43 degrees Celsius, is delivered into the abdomen. This solution penetrates and destroys the remnant Cancer cells. Once this is done, the solution is drained out from the abdomen and the incision is closed.
This procedure very efficiently improves drug absorption and there is hardly any negative impact of the remaining body areas. So, this way, the usual side effects of Chemotherapy can be easily avoided.
Benefits of this Therapy
As mentioned above, there are many types of Cancer treated with HIPEC therapy. Many of the Cancers treated with HIPEC are diseases treated by multiple disciplines in medicine and surgery. It is critical that the patient is guided properly about the HIPEC therapy with an Oncologist and surgeon. HIPEC enables the surgeons to administer a high concentration of Chemotherapy directly into the location, where the Cancer cells are, rather than circulate it all throughout the body. Due to this, there are many advantages:
- There are fewer side effects and the Cancer cells are destructed in a better way.
- It also reduces the requirement for regular Chemotherapy, although generally it is given in addition to regular chemo.
- This gives the doctors a new alternative to fight with the most complex types of Cancers and the patients a new ray of hope
- This allows the administration of high doses
- There is minimum exposure of the other parts of the body
- Enhances the overall survival possibilities
- The concentration of the Chemotherapy is more viable and effective
Recovery after the HIPEC procedure
The patients who have undergone this procedure have to stay in the hospital for about 10-12 days under medical supervision. The patients may feel fatigued during the initial days, and it is very common to feel so. The amount of rest taken is extremely crucial during the recovery period, but it s equally important to remain active. If the patients remain active, they can avoid post surgery complications like Pneumonia or blood clots that can develop in the legs. Also, nutrition plays a very significant role in faster recovery of the patients.
Planning your medical trip to India is a very simple process with India Cancer Surgery Site
Why get this surgery done in India?
India has emerged as a very promising option when it comes to Cancer treatment. The Indian Cancer hospitals are respected and recognized across the globe for being technologically extremely sound and for regular implementation of the most progressive techniques to treat Cancer. Further, the waiting period is almost nil, making it all the more relieving for the patients because they get timely treatment. Further, the Cancer specialists in India are highly proficient and have made a mark around the world, for their skills and success rates. HIPEC is an extremely novel technique for Cancer cure, which is feasible in India because the healthcare system of India is extremely updated and at par with the leading countries around the world.
Furthermore, one of the most attractive features, drawing the attention of numerous medical tourists, is the cost effectiveness. As known around the globe, Cancer treatment is one the most pricey treatments. But despite this fact, it is still viable in India at quite affordable prices. Thus, for patients coming from different walks of life, and economic sections, India proves to be a blessing. Thus, equipped with all the major attributes, India is ensuring the well being and Cancer-free health for patients located globally.
Our treated patient Mrs. Andrea Zilberay from Argentina sharing her experience of getting HIPEC Treatment done in India
Mrs. Andrea Zilberay from Argentina
I want to express my gratitude towards the entire staff, oncologists and financial assistants that work at one of the top hospitals in India for helping me get through the most testing time of my life. When I was diagnosed with liver cancer, the doctor had anticipated that it might have spread to my abdomen. This meant that I was required to go through the HIPEC treatment too along with my surgery and I was afraid that its cost won’t be covered in my medical insurance. But the staff ensured me of the low cost HIPEC treatment available in their hospital of Indian Cancer Surgery Group and the doctors were hopeful that it will be a success.
List of The Top 20 Surgical Oncologists For HIPEC Treatment In India
- DR. RAJA SUNDARAM
- DR NINAD KATDARE
- DR. HARIT CHATURVEDI
- DR. VEDANT KABRA
- DR. VINAY SAMUEL
- DR. RUDRA PRASAD ACHARYA
- DR. RAHUL S KANAKA
- DR R RANGA RAO
- DR. MADHU Y C
- DR. ASHISH GOEL
- DR. SANDEEP BATRA
- DR. SOMASHEKHAR S. P.
- DR. H. V. MADHUSUDAN
- DR. SRIDHAR. P.S
- DR. MATHANGI J
- DR. SANDEEP KUMAR JAIN
- DR. RANA PATIR
- DR. ASHOK VAID
- DR. DURGATOSH PANDEY
- DR.HARI GOYAL
List of The Top 20 Hospitals For HIPEC Treatment In India
- GLOBAL HOSPITAL CHENNAI
- GLOBAL HOSPITAL BANGALORE
- PARAS HOSPITAL
- GLOBAL HOSPITAL MUMBAI
- FORTIS MEMORIAL RESEARCH INSTITUTE (FMRI) GURGAON
- BLK SUPER SPECIALITY HOSPITAL, NEW DELHI
- MAX INSTITUTE OF CANCER CARE, NEW DELHI
- MANIPAL HOSPITAL BANGALORE
- MAX INSTITUTE OF ONCOLOGY DELHI
- MAX SUPER SPECIALTY HOSPITAL NEW DELHI
- APOLLO CANCER INSTITUTE DELHI
- INDRAPRASTHA APOLLO HOSPITAL, NEW DELHI
- HCG HOSPITALS, BANGALORE
- FORTIS HOSPTIAL, NOIDA
- JAYPEE HOSPITAL NOIDA
- FORTIS ESCORTS HEART INSTITUTE, NEW DELHI
- BLK SUPER SPECIALITY HOSPITAL, NEW DELHI
- NARAYANA MULTISPECIALTY HOSPITAL, BENGALURU
- KOKILABEN DHIRUBHAI AMBANI HOSPITAL, MUMBAI
- PUSHPAWATI SINGHANIA RESEARCH INSTITUTE, NEW DELHI
Phone Numbers Reach Us -
India & International : +91 9371770341
How many patients underwent HIPEC Treatment in India in the last 5 years?
- In recent years, India has emerged as a medical hub for patients looking for affordable, accessible and efficient low cost HIPEC Treatment.
- Some of the top HIPEC Treatment hospitals in the world are found in India. The country is known for offering advanced medical facilities at the most reasonable cost.
- An average increase of 15 to 20 percent annually has been observed in the number of patients in the last 5 years.
- The Indian HIPEC Treatment hospitals deliver advanced oncology care and highest quality services backed by elaborate infrastructure and lower treatment cost.
- Since all the staff in hospitals, including nurses, physiotherapists, doctors, surgeons are well-trained in English speaking, patients from any part of the world coming to India feel comfortable in communicating their problems without any issues.
Here are the approximate figures of the patients underwent HIPEC Treatment in the last 5 years in India
Please consult us to Get free quotes, opinions from Top Hospitals and Best Surgeons of India for HIPEC Treatment.CLICK HERE to get a “No Obligation Quote”