Surgical Oncology department maintains international standards in cancer surgery. Equal emphasis is given to cure and post-surgery quality of life by organ preservation and various types of reconstruction.
Specialized areas: -
- Breast reconstructions – both primary and delayed.
- Micro vascular surgery for head and neck cancer reconstructions and conservative approaches for craniofacial resections.
- Limb salvage surgery with mega prosthesis for bone cancers, conservative lung surgeries and chest wall reconstructions.
- Three-field lymphadenectomy and total esophagectomy for esophagus cancers.
- Total peritoniectomy for peritoneal malignancies.
Sphincter preservation and organ preservation in various Gastro intestinal cancers.
Sr. Consultant – Dr. Thomas Varughese MS, FICS, FACS.
Dr. Thomas Varughese is a distinguished Cancer Surgeon, trained at the premier cancer hospital in India – The TATA Memorial Cancer Hospital, Mumbai. He has gained extensive experience of cancer surgery from the best cancer institutes abroad like Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (world’s biggest cancer hospital) – New York (USA); M.D. Anderson Cancer Hospital – Houston, Texas (USA); Johns Hopkins University – Baltimore (USA); George Washington Hospital – Washington D.C. (USA); Peter Mc Callum Cancer Hospital Melbourne – Australia etc., to name a few. He was heading the Surgical Oncology department of Medical Mission Hospital, Kolenchery prior to joining Lakeshore.